[U-Boot-Users] cold boot failing on PPC 750

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 25 10:06:12 CET 2005

In message <123e1978050324142264ec4e3 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> We ported u-boot on a custom designed hardware with power pc 750 and a
> cpc700 bridge. We encounter a strange problem ;The code runs fine
> throwing the boot messages of u-boot only when run for the first time
> after flashing thru a BDM debugger under the BDM debugger control.

To be precise... this is not possible. The 750 has no BDM debug port.
AFAIK BDM is being used only on the MPC5xx/8xx families.

Your problem is most probably casued by some init sequence  which  is
present  in  your  debugger  init  script, but missing in Your U-Boot
code.

> when we try to HRESET (cold start)  the board ,we do not see it
> throwing any messages on the serial console.Henceforth when we try to
> run the same code under BDM control it doesn't run correctly and hangs
> in a loop. Kindly advise.

"in a loop" ... Which loop? Where exactly? Perhaps you  might  be  so
kind as to elucidate.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Humans do claim a great deal for that particular emotion (love).
	-- Spock, "The Lights of Zetar", stardate 5725.6