[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on MPC8541CDS

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Tue Mar 29 18:31:41 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 07:39, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <43395BE65409D911B9FF00110A9BFFDC01382E3E at zwg57exm01.ea.mot.com> you wrote:
> >
> > I recently got a CDS development kit with a MPC8541E from Freescale.
> > There is a u-boot version labeled 1.1.2(pq3-20040810) installed, which works fine.

Ah, so you can see the bloodstains then? :-)

Er, I mean, uh, thank you!

> > What is difference between the installed u-boot version and the CVS?
>
> I recommend to ask this the Freescale folks. You've been  working  in
> the same company not so long ago...

That would be me.

> I have no idea what they might  include  in  their  software  distri-
> bution, or how it relates to whatever feedback we receive for the CVS
> tree.

There is a slight variation between the published CVS version of
the MPC8555CDS U-Boot code and the variants that appear directly
on the board as supplied by Freescale.  Specifically, there is
code to support some BDI-level debugging in the supplied version
that is not yet in the Open Source CVS tree.  (We're working on
fixing that.)  Other than that, the Freescale variant and the
CVS are very similar.

Between 2004810 and now, there have been several fixes to
the Flash support.  Some of those have been committed to the
public CVS, and some have not; all have been pushed to the
list.  (If you patch up the published set, let me know and
I'll send you the one-liner fix that is pending here too.)

Can you be more specific than "Doesn't come up?"

HTH,
jdl