[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on MPC8541CDS

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Tue Mar 29 21:35:21 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 11:08, Demke Torsten-atd012 wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>

> > Between 2004810 and now, there have been several fixes to
> > the Flash support.  Some of those have been committed to the
> > public CVS, and some have not; all have been pushed to the
> > list.  (If you patch up the published set, let me know and
> > I'll send you the one-liner fix that is pending here too.)
> >
> > Can you be more specific than "Doesn't come up?"
> I don't get any output. If I use the BDI, it stops at line 569
> in start.S:   STD_EXCEPTION( 0x1400, DataTLBError, UnknownException)
> I guess this is even before relocation to RAM.
> Does that make sense?
> Im also not sure with the BDI output - my config-file is a
> result of trial&error. Maybe you could
> send my a valid BDI config file for debugging?

So, are you trying to use the BDI, or are you trying
to make a working U-Boot?  More directly, are you
messing with the BDI here because your U-Boot image
isn't working?

I can get you a working U-Boot image, for example.

I haven't used the BDI with the 8555 CDS, so I don't
know how well it supports BDI debugging.  I have been
using a PROMjet to flash new images onto the CDS.
The debugger support was being done by a slightly
different group of people so I'm a bit dodgy on it...

jdl