[U-Boot-Users] A question on ELDK PATH Setting

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue May 3 11:16:07 CEST 2005

Hi Sam,

> Btw, I reported one typo for you about MTD part on OLD
> linuxppc
> maillist. But you still haven't corrected it yet. I
> don't know why:)
>
> http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/FlashFilesystemsMTD
>
> "xd" should be replaced by "xxd".  At least for RED
> HAT 7.3/9.0.

If you look closely you will see that the examples run on the target
so the question is really "what is the tool named in the ELDK?"  Ok,
the answer is the same, i.e. xxd but as the included files (forming
the literal parts of the documentation) are to be generated from
automatic regression tests, there is no real point in "fixing" this
right now.  By the way, this was _never_ a typo.  There was a tool
named "xd" around doing just what is shown - the examples were
captured from live sessions rather than being dreamed up.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
It's very important  that you sleep because that's  when your brain is
garbage  collecting.  And a  dream is  if you  are interrupted  in the