[U-Boot-Users] mkimage parameters for cramfs.img

Wayne Lee wnlee at cad.csie.ncku.edu.tw
Fri May 6 14:58:17 CEST 2005

For uClinux, there is a precious introduction written by David McCullough.
(http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7221)
This article mentioned that the guaranteed (root) filesystem format subject
to uClinux constraints is romfs.

Of course, the romfs can be programmed into flash and be mounted by Linux
kernel MTD driver.
On the other hand, romfs can be mounted in ramdisk way.

For the memory consumption comparison issue, your conclusion is right.
We also can find the explanation in section 8.1.2 of "Building Embedded
Linux Systems".

Thanks.
Wayne