[U-Boot-Users] how can I run linux without tftp

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 11 09:54:55 CEST 2005

In message <200505111408.AA28377416 at RCS-9000.COM> you wrote:

>    I have no ethernet device on my board,so I can only load linux img file via serial port using "loadb" command. But when I downloaded the img successfully and tried to boot the linux , the program stopped as follows:
> Kernel command line:
> VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
> VFS: Cannot open root device "" or 02:00

Well, you don't pass any boot arguments to  the  linux  kernel  (like
where  to  find  a  root  filesystem), so your kernel quite naturally
complains that he cannot find the root file system.

Looks perfectly normal to me.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There was no difference between  the  behavior  of  a  god  and  the
operations of pure chance..."   - Thomas Pynchon, _Gravity's Rainbow_