[U-Boot-Users] cfi_flash.c bug regarding intel k3 devices

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Thu May 12 21:56:53 CEST 2005

Am 2005-05-12 11:15 -0500 schrieb Tolunay Orkun:

> Why do you need this?

When intel k3 chips power up, they are locked ba hardware and the
sequence must be issued to unlock to be able to erase something.

On a first look I put it among the AMD flash_unlock_seq function, which
does something similair I thought.

> Can't you just use "protect off" command to unlock
> the sectors you need to write?

Well, sounds also reasonable. But am I blind? Where is the code, which
unprotects something, when "protect off x:y-z" is issued?
I agree, an Automatic unlocking is...
But I still need this "protect off x:y-z" with my provided code, the
chip comes up with all sectors (RO) stillm and they _are_ (RO).
Only after manual "protect off x:y-z" I can erase something.
Before I could _nothing_ write to the chip. Well, I could but nothing
happened. Kinda hardware locked.

Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF