AW: [U-Boot-Users] U-Boot on Renesas SH-3 platform

Jonas Mark (ST/EPP1) * Mark.Jonas at de.bosch.com
Tue May 17 08:27:48 CEST 2005

> > Hello,
> >
> > does anybody know or has tried a port of U-Boot to a Renesas SH3
> > (SuperH) little endian platform? I am thinking of using U-Boot as a
> > comfy bootloader on a SH3 platform (SH7720 to be specific). Any
warnings
> > what I should look out for when doing the port myself? Any
> > recommandations which existing architecture would be a good starting
> > point?
>
> Hi
>
> I have some patches (against u-boot 1.1.1) for the sti5528

(http://www.superhlinux.com/user_guide/release-note-1.0_pl1/sti5528_alph
a/) chip on a custom platform. This is > an SH4, so I'm not sure it
would be much help for you, but maybe some synergy effects could be
achieved.

> Since this is against an old version of u-boot, I don't want to send
it
> to the list, but if you're interrested I could send it directly to
you.

> (And yes, I do intend to port it to CVS version - Real Soon Now)

Leif,

thanks a lot for your offer. Yes, I am interested to have a look at your
SH4 patches. Even though it is not an exact match to the SH7720
processor it will be interesting to see which parts of the existing code
need to be touched. Do you run little or big endian?

If you should send the patches in a Zip archive please rename the
extension from .zip to something else, e.g. .zap. The coporate virus
scanner does not like Zip archives at all. All kinds of packed tar
archives should be fine though.

TIA
Mark Jonas