[U-Boot-Users] iminfo - Bad Header Checksum

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 30 10:04:14 CEST 2005

Dear Dale,

in message <429A6A6C.10106 at commergy.com> you wrote:

> Apolgies if I was not clear earlier. I downloaded my image over TFTP (as
> metioned in my first post) and subsequently via kermit and Srecord. The
> results were identical in each case.

Please don't describe what  you  did,  but  instead  post  the  EXACT
commands you used.

> Whilst verifying the downloaded images, as mentioned earlier, I examined
> the CRC and Magic Number elements of the downloaded images, using MD,

And what was the exact output?

> ordering, on both the host system and the target board. To my mind,
> there is a definite inconsistency in the fact that a CRC generated by
> the crc32 command on my installation of U-Boot fails to pass a CRC test
> performed by U-Boot on the self-same board.

You provide a lot of description of things you did or  think  without
showing any exact data - it's impossible to help you this way. Please
try to answer the questions we ask, and provide EXACT the information
we ask for.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Never call a man a fool.  Borrow from him.