[U-Boot-Users] uboot - bootargs questions ?

John Smith john.maximus at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:47:57 CEST 2005

Hi,
    I am using u-boot to load and boot up my kernel.

    I dont want to use serial port (which will be used for some other
purpose after linux boots up).

    serial port, i want to be used only for entering tftpboot uImage
and bootm commands.
    which i will doing using minicom.

    as soon linux loads itself. the serial port should be free.

    what should i do it to achieve this.

   i set in bootargs console=none.

   after getting unconpressing linux............... message.

   I get no more messages. this is fine.

  But, linux does not boot up at all. (boot process is not complete).

  When i ping to my target. i get destination unreachable.

  what could be the problem.

Regards,
/J