[U-Boot-Users] uboot - bootargs questions ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 30 12:12:49 CEST 2005

In message <3634de74050530024766f11de0 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>     as soon linux loads itself. the serial port should be free.
>
>     what should i do it to achieve this.

This is a Linux issue only. Thjis question is thus off topic on  this
maling list.

>    i set in bootargs console=none.

This is one of the options you have.

>   But, linux does not boot up at all. (boot process is not complete).

How do you know that? Where is the Linux kernel hanging then? You did
attach a debugger and check, didn't you? If not - why not?

>   When i ping to my target. i get destination unreachable.
>   what could be the problem.

Probably  your  network  interface  is  not  up  or  not   configured
correctly?

You don't provide any  information,  so  we  cannot  help.  Important
information you should tell us:

* Does the same kernel boot fine when  you  omit  the  "console=none"
  part  of  your  boot  arguments? Which boit arguments do you passin
  this situation?
* What are your exact boot arguments when using "console=none" ?
* What did you find out when you used a debugger  to  find  out  what
  Linux is doing or where it is hanging?
* Did you try a post-mortem dump of the log_buf area? What was the result?
* Did you try configuring LInux to use  netconsole  so  you  can  see
  what's going on?

etc. etc.

But, as mentioned before, all this is off topic here  and  should  be
discussed on a Linux mailing list instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de