[U-Boot-Users] custom mpc83xx based board support

Boris br_sing at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 10:54:54 CET 2005

Hello

I'm planning to prepare embedded Linux installation
on custom made board using mpc83xx CPU. As much as I
understand, to support it I'll need to write support
code in boards directory and header file in
include/configs. What are the chances that existing
code for mpc8349ads will work ? and if not can I cook
something based on this code with minimal changes ?
Another question is whether 2.6.* kernel configured
and built for mpc83xx family should work with any
board
based on this CPU or some board specific changes
must be done in the kernel ?

thanks,
Boris