[U-Boot-Users] Re: Help: Device protect error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 8 12:57:05 CET 2005

In message <BAY24-F25B0A140CC305D95B57396AF640 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

>   I did copy board/pleb2/flash.c as my board's flash.c because this file
> provided flash driver for Intel 28F320C3B flash memory and created a
> configuration header file for my board. I don't know whether this could be
> called 'adapt the flash driver' but in the end I could see u-boot's output

No, this is usually not sufficient. For example, are  you  absolutely
sure that your hardware uses the same bus width?

> in minicom and the flash memory was correctly recognized. Now the problem
> is that 'erase' command doesn't work, I do need some precious hints about
> how to solve it.

debug the flash driver. If you decide to use a special driver  it  is
your responsibility to make it work on your hardware.

>   Besides, I wonder if cfi_flash.c can drive Intel 28F320C3B on my board
> because there is no CFI on my board.

??

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Systems programmers are the high priests of a low cult.
                                                       -- R.S. Barton