[U-Boot-Users] Re: Help: Device protect error

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Tue Nov 8 17:55:48 CET 2005

Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>>  Besides, I wonder if cfi_flash.c can drive Intel 28F320C3B on my board
>>because there is no CFI on my board.
>

> ??

I think he thinks 'CFI' is a brand like Intel, AMD etc. :)

However, using the CFI flash driver might not solve the problem alone
without proposed patches are done and applied to deal with flash chips
that come all sectors locked on power on.

According to the product briefing, this flash comes up with all sectors
locked up initially so this is also probably why his custom flash driver
is also failing the erase attempts (provided that everything else is
correct).

http://www.intel.com/design/flcomp/prodbref/pdfs/298188.pdf

Best regards,
Tolunay

Note: Insert usual reminder for pending patches to cfi_flash.c :)