[U-Boot-Users] Re: U-Boot and 64260 ethernet controller.

Brian Waite bwaite at irobot.com
Tue Nov 8 14:08:30 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 8:00 am, Arun wrote:
> Hai Steve
>
> Even we are using a board with 750Cxe and Gt64260 and we are successfully
> running ethernet and linux
>
> >> Greetings.
> >>
> >> I was curious if anyone had experienced an issue I am having with
> >> the ethernets on the Discovery I chip (64260). Essentially, I am
> >> bringing up new hardware with U-Boot and I am able to get the
> >> ethernets initialized, I can start sending a ping, I see the ARP
> >> request go over the wire from my board, I see the ARP reply come
> >> back, but my ethernets never get any packets. All I get are a
> >> bunch of Rx Resource Errors with no packets received. I should note
> >> that a custom and closed source bootloader is already successfully
> >> working and booting Linux. I have everything working except for the
> >> ethernets. If anyone has some insight, I would be very grateful. I
> >> am using a 750 CXe processor with this board. Thanks.

It has been a long time since I used the 260 and a while since the 360. But
check your memory window setups. Make sure you have caching off to at least
prove transfers, and verify the Rx mappings are correct. I had this working a
while ago. It is just a setup problem somewhere in the plethora of memory
mapping windows. One thing you can do is stash your Rx and Tx rings into the
internal SRAM. At least that removes one area of potential conflict, along
with increasing performance once you enabl caching again on main memory.

Thanks
Brian

Thanks
Brian