[U-Boot-Users] ATAG Parameters

Anders Larsen alarsen at rea.de
Mon Nov 14 10:10:10 CET 2005

"Swapnil Ashok Narkhede" <S3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au> schrieb am Freitag, 11. November 2005 um 17:50 +0100:
>Sorryto send you a personal email.

Hi,

if you had asked on the list, I could have answered earlier
(week-end; I can't read company e-mails from home, but I _am_
suscribed to the list).

>But i am a bit confused here.
>the description of ATAG_INITRD2 specifies that
>/* describes where the compressed ramdisk image lives (physical address) */
>#define ATAG_INITRD2	0x54420005
>
>But  0x54420005 is not the physical address in RAM.

You'll find the answer in lib_arm/armlinux.c and include/asm-arm/setup.h

The memory layout of the ATAG_INITRD2 element in the tagged list is:
   struct tag_header
      u32 size             = 4
      u32 tag              = ATAG_INITRD2
   struct tag_initrd
      u32 start            = (physical) start address of your initrd
      u32 size             = size of your initrd image

HTH
Cheers
 Anders