[U-Boot-Users] u-boot source - cvs versus git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 17 00:42:03 CET 2005

In message <437BBA6A.7080708 at mc.com> you wrote:

> I understand that U-Boot development and source is now management using
> "git". Since the cvs tree does seem to be pretty recent, is it ok to

The git and CVS trees are 100% in sync. All commits on the  git  tree
have been checked in in parallel on the CVS tree, too.

Perhaps you might be so kind as to elucidate why you  think  the  CVS
tree might not be up to date?

> pull the latest U-Boot source from the cvs tree?  Or is there less risk
> of missing important code patches by using git?

The code is exactly the same.

> After several failures at building git for my RH7.2 system, I decided to

Ummm.. RH7.2 is pretty old, with a list of known andunfixed exploits.
If I were you I would consider to update my development  host  system
insted.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Everybody is talking about the  weather  but  nobody  does  anything
about it."                                               - Mark Twain