[U-Boot-Users] u-boot source - cvs versus git

Andrew Wozniak awozniak at mc.com
Thu Nov 17 14:55:24 CET 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <437BBA6A.7080708 at mc.com> you wrote:
>> I understand that U-Boot development and source is now management using
>> "git". Since the cvs tree does seem to be pretty recent, is it ok to
>
> The git and CVS trees are 100% in sync. All commits on the  git  tree
> have been checked in in parallel on the CVS tree, too.

This is good news.

> Perhaps you might be so kind as to elucidate why you  think  the  CVS
> tree might not be up to date?

I recall reading a few older messages which suggested that CVS tree
might be lagging behind.

>> pull the latest U-Boot source from the cvs tree?  Or is there less risk
>> of missing important code patches by using git?
>
> The code is exactly the same.
>
>> After several failures at building git for my RH7.2 system, I decided to
>
> Ummm.. RH7.2 is pretty old, with a list of known andunfixed exploits.
> If I were you I would consider to update my development  host  system
> insted.

Yes it is outdated. This is a "crash-and-burn" machine I had been using
for testing legacy products and haven't had time to upgrade it.
Considering it is a triple boot machine makes upgrading even more time
consuming.

Guten tag, Andrew