[U-Boot-Users] u-boot debug suggestions

Don Pruitt dpruitt at alltel.net
Sun Nov 20 21:51:21 CET 2005

Hi,

I have a custom board running a 405GPr that is based off of the
walnut ref board with the exception that we have a 512KB boot prom
starting @ fff80000 which is where I burn uboot. I have ported u-
boot-1.1.3 to the board with the assistance of a BDI2000 which seems
to work well. I get the uboot UI and am able to read and write to
sdram and flash, however if I remove the jtag uboot crashes at
startup.  My first thought was that it's a timing issue as the jtag
would hold the board in reset on power up.  I questioned this when I
discovered that  I can somewhat simulate this with the BDI2000 by
issuing a reset run 1000. This approach would seem to indicate that
it is crashing when attempting to access an sdram address.  What I
don't understand is why there would be a difference with the sdram
initialization between powering up the target and issuing a bdi  >go
and issuing a >reset run xxxx?  Any suggestions you have would be
greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Don Pruitt