[U-Boot-Users] u-boot debug suggestions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 20 22:09:04 CET 2005

In message <DA75F432-477C-4145-B022-FDCCA1A5C6BE at alltel.net> you wrote:

> discovered that  I can somewhat simulate this with the BDI2000 by
> issuing a reset run 1000. This approach would seem to indicate that
> it is crashing when attempting to access an sdram address.  What I

No, not at all. "Reset run" just skips all the statements in  the  init
section of the BDI2000 config file. It seems that one of more of them
are  vital  for  successfully  booting U-Boot on your board, and that
these are missing / different in your port of U-Boot.

> don't understand is why there would be a difference with the sdram
> initialization between powering up the target and issuing a bdi  >go
> and issuing a >reset run xxxx?  Any suggestions you have would be
> greatly appreciated!

I really cannot follow you why you think this has anything to do with
the SDRAM initialization; it can  be  any  other  part  of  the  init
sequence as well. Check your init section in the BDI config file, and
remove it step by step, and you will soon see what's missing / wrong.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Anyone who isn't confused here doesn't really know what's going on.