[U-Boot-Users] Moving u-boot location in ram to do full mem-test?

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin at egholm-nielsen.dk
Tue Nov 22 16:43:22 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm using "mtest" to test the sdram somewhat, but parts of the ram is
ofcourse left untested doing so - due to stack- and u-boot positioning.

Enabling DEBUG'ing I narrowed in the plausible test segment into
something like:

=> mtest 1090 3f8af37

where the last value is based on the information:

     Top of RAM usable for U-Boot at: 04000000
     Reserving 208k for U-Boot at: 03fcb000
     Reserving 256k for malloc() at: 03f8b000
     Reserving 128 Bytes for Board Info at: 03f8af80
     Reserving 48 Bytes for Global Data at: 03f8af50
     Stack Pointer at: 03f8af38
     New Stack Pointer is: 03f8af38
     Now running in RAM - U-Boot at: 03fcb000
     FLASH: [flash_init, 771] Entering ...
     [flash_init, 772] flash_info = 0x03FFEB20 ...
     U-Boot relocated to 03fcb000

and the first from manual testing.

So, I would like to make a new u-boot binary that offered me the
possibility to test the first part - from "0x0" to "0x108F" and from
"0x3f8af37" to "0x3ffffff".

I've scanned my board-header to see if any of these addresses are
directly present there, but without luck.
The nearest I get to something that smells of the lower boundary, is the
value of "CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR" and "CFG_OCM_DATA_SIZE" both having the
value 0x1000.

Any clues?

BR,
  Martin Egholm