[U-Boot-Users] Nothing display in terminal with uboot 1.1.3 on 8347 board!

Simon Yang bestwish.simon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 17:58:04 CET 2005

Dear All,

After we program the HRCW and uboot.bin(1.1.3) into Flash and power
on, nothing is shown in terminal, it seems that the UART doesn't
initialize correctlly.
Our board information is as follow:
CPU:MPC8347E
Memory:256 DDR 333 DIMM
Flash:S29GL064MR2 8MB (8Mx8x1)

We program the HRCW into FF800000 and uboot.bin into FFF00000, and we
also use Debugger check the values we programed, both Flash and Memory
can be written when power on through the Debugger we find it really
goes to the Address FFF00100 where the start of UBoot(start.S) to run
the uboot image, but how can I trace the running process step by step?
If no information display in terminal, whether it is caused by the
wrong address set in configuration file or by the serial
initialization?

Best Regards,

Simon