[U-Boot-Users] U-boot suppoorts VPN?

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Nov 29 18:33:55 CET 2005

lauren73 (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> Thanks a lot! I am sorry for confusing you.
> But the fact is that the 2 boards are connected as the following
> drawing. The hardware is designed as this. I need to download kernel for
> board 2 from hard drive of board 1. Usually switch cannot talk to switch
> without bridge or router. So in this case I think I need VPN in order to
> download the kernel using tftp.
>
>  HD----CPU1 ----switch1 ------switch 2----CPU2 (uboot)

Assuming switch1 and switch2 are normal ethernet switches, you need a
crossover cable connecting switches 1 and 2 (Tx of switch 1 -> Rx of
switch 2 and vice versa) unless your switch PHYs support auto-crossover.
  You need CPU1 to run TFTP server software.  The it should Just
Work[tm], no VPN or VLAN.

On the other hand, your hardware may not be normal ethernet switches, in
which case we have even less of a clue than you.

gvb