[U-Boot-Users] Locked block in StrataFlash

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Wed Nov 30 16:41:41 CET 2005

Hi all,

I experienced a problem with strataflash driver on ARM920T-based custom
hardware. The driver has been derived from
board/esd/cpcpi440/strataflash.c. When issuing a saveenv command, U-Boot
randomly can't erase the block because it is locked (environment is in
flash). We verified with JTAG debugger that status register and it
confirmed the locked state. To unlock the block we issued manually the
necessary commands. The function flash_real_protect is never invoked (I
verified with JTAG debugger that it is never executed, too).
Anybody experienced similar problems?

--
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it