[U-Boot-Users] Replacing AT91 u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Oct 2 23:56:03 CEST 2005

In message <INR32H$47E4B006BBE324436EF5632378983CEB at libero.it> you wrote:

> The thing I can't understand due to my inexperience is why using u-boot-0.3.2
> with my kernel 2.6.13.2 everything worked
> and simply changing u-boot-1.1.3 not.

Many, many things have changed between 0.3.2 and 1.1.3; it  would  be
interesting  to know why and where your kernel is hanging. You should
attach a debugger and  actually  try  to  *devbug*  this  insetad  of
guessing (and blaming U-Boot).

> So I suppose that the kernel is not the problem, but only the changed things:
> loader and u-boot.
> Trying to guess: can the problem be caused by a different kind of SDRAM or Flash between my DK and your compatible one ?

No, definitely  not.  (Actually  I  can  run  the  same  tests  on  a
AT91RM9200DK,  but  this is not wired up for automatic testing in our
virtual lab, so I cannot run such tests remotely like I could  do  on
the cmc_pu2. But I know that it works exactly the same way.)

One of the things that did change is the mach-types.h file;  if  your
kernel  uses some invalid ID this could explain such a hang. But this
is wild guessing - please debug the problem.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It would be illogical to assume that all conditions remain stable
	-- Spock, "The Enterprise" Incident", stardate 5027.3