[U-Boot-Users] Replacing AT91 u-boot

Andrey P. Vasilyev andrey_vasilyev at mail.ru
Mon Oct 3 00:15:41 CEST 2005

Hello!

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 10:47:05PM +0200, kentropy wrote:
> The thing I can't understand due to my inexperience is why using u-boot-0.3.2 with my kernel 2.6.13.2 everything worked
> and simply changing u-boot-1.1..3 not.
> So I suppose that the kernel is not the problem, but only the changed things: loader and u-boot.
> Trying to guess: can the problem be caused by a different kind of SDRAM or Flash between my DK and your compatible one ?

When I tried to start linux kernel on my RM9200-based board, my main
problem was in RomBoot.bin (it is, actually, a predecessor or successor of
loader.bin) - it was setting up PLLs by wrong command sequence right
before starting kernel, and all the kernel messages was transmitted on the
wrong baudrate.
Try to start u-boot directly from parallel flash without any first-stage
bootloader. It might help.

--
With best regards,
  Andrey Vasilyev