[U-Boot-Users] AT91 and u-boot tests

Marco Cavallini arm.linux at koansoftware.com
Mon Oct 3 16:53:59 CEST 2005

Reading the AT91 related thread I digged a bit and maybe I found something
strange between u-boot-1.1.2 and 1.1.3 ?

I usually use u-boot-1.1.2 using the "usual Atmel procedure"(TM)
I removed T159 and booted,
then it asked for the next file u-boot.bin
that has been succesfully loaded.
If I use u-boot-1.1.2 all is OK as with preinstalled 0.3.2

This is the result of my tests:
Board AT91RM9200DK
Kernel 2.6.13.2
u-boot always configured and compiled "as is" for at91rm9200dk

u-boot-1.1.2
------------
- running in ram : OK
- stored in flash with boot.bin as pre-loader
  and then u-boot as bootloader : OK
- stored in flash as unique bootloader : DOES NOT BOOT

u-boot-1.1.3
------------
- running in ram : DOES NOT BOOT
- stored in flash with boot.bin as pre-loader
  and then u-boot as bootloader : DOES NOT BOOT
- stored in flash as unique bootloader : OK BUT FAILS KERNEL UNCOMPRESSION

P.S. Looking into boot.bin sources seems that it required for
Master clock, PLL frequency and SDRAM very low level settings.

Hoping this could be useful :-)

Marco Cavallini
Koan s.a.s. - Software Engineering
Linux and WinCE solutions for Embedded and Real-Time Software
Klinux : the embedded distribution for industrial applications
  - Atmel AT91 ARM Third Party Consultant
  - Intel PCA Developer Network Member
  - Microsoft Windows Embedded Partner
Via Pascoli, 3  - 24121 Bergamo - ITALIA
Tel. (++39) 035-255.235 - Fax (++39) 178-223.9748
http://www.koansoftware.com  -  http://www.klinux.org