[U-Boot-Users] problem about transplant u-boot to S3C44B0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 8 14:58:19 CEST 2005

In message <20051008113037.78505.qmail at web50814.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I have transplant u-boot to my S3C44B0 board and i run
> hello world demo but it's prompt
> =>  go c008000
> ## Starting application at 0x0C008000 ...
>
> then it's dead

That's not exactly a surprise. The code is not relocatable. You  must
load it to and start it at the address it was linked for.

> i want know what reason cause it

You ignored the fact that the load address on ARM is defined as
0xC100000.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I had the rare misfortune of being one of the first people to try and
implement a PL/1 compiler.                             -- T. Cheatham