[U-Boot-Users] i.MX support for scb9328 cleaned up

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Oct 9 01:17:18 CEST 2005

Dear Konstantin,

in message <20050512143238.GB4333 at synertronixx3> you wrote:
> I cleaned up board support for the scb9328 board.
> I did changes to the scb9328.h, it is very much more readable more.
> Many timings have been tuned, the system is much faster now.

Ummm... we don't have an entry in the official <MAINTAINERS file, but
it seems Sascha Hauer is "responsible" for the scb9328 board. Did you
nbegotiate your patch with him?

> Also the board/scb9328/flash.c is removed, the patch will delete it!
> The cfi_flash.c is used now.
>
> If anybody is interested, it is at
> http://www.ludenkalle.de/u-boot-1.1.2-imx1/u-boot-1.1.2-imx1.diff

I reject this patch. It violates the  coding  style  (trailing  white
space, indenation not by TABs, etc.), and some of your changes to the
scb9328.h   file   don't   look  clean  to  me.  Your  definition  of
CONFIG_COMMANDS is error prone. Go figure what happens when  somebody
add's  a  new  command  which is not supported by your board. He will
probably not bother to update your config file.

> It contains the code unlocking intel k3 devices.

This is another reason for rejecting it. See the rpevious  discussion
about this issue.

> May be I could get advice what still looks odd so I can fix it, so the
> stuff could be apllied. Or it can be applied as is...

Please clean up and submit as patch here on the list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Data is a lot like humans: It is  born.  Matures.  Gets  married  to
other  data, divorced. Gets old. One thing that it doesn't do is die.
It has to be killed."                                 - Arthur Miller