[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot 1.1.3 does not boot with MPC8349E

flobe01 at arcor.de flobe01 at arcor.de
Mon Oct 10 18:15:48 CEST 2005

Has anybody tried to bring up U-Boot 1.1.3 together with a (Power Quicc II Pro) MPC8349E MDS Processor Board (silicon rev 1.0)? The board comes with a (probably patched) 1.1.2 version installed. I want to update it to 1.1.3 in order to be able to use a current Linux kernel (2.6.13 - U-Boot 1.1.2 seems to be incompatible due to differences in the bd_info structures, right?).

After building U-Boot and writing to the flash according to the README, the board does show no more signs of life (apart from the reset sequence leds) after hard reset.

I used crosstool 0.38 for building the tool chain with a standard ppc target (-mcpu=powerpc) and gcc 3.4.1.

Are there any board settings necessary other than those defaults in the Getting Started guide?

Thanks and regards,
Florian.

Machen Sie aus 14 Cent spielend bis zu 100 Euro!
Die neue Gaming-Area von Arcor - über 50 Onlinespiele im Angebot.
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-gaming-1