[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot 1.1.3 does not boot with MPC8349E

Jeff Angielski jangiels at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 10 22:38:27 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 18:15 +0200, flobe01 at arcor.de wrote:
> Has anybody tried to bring up U-Boot 1.1.3 together with a
> (Power Quicc II Pro) MPC8349E MDS Processor Board (silicon rev 1.0)?
> The board comes with a (probably patched) 1.1.2 version installed.
> I want to update it to 1.1.3 in order to be able to use a current
> Linux kernel (2.6.13 - U-Boot 1.1.2 seems to be incompatible due
> to differences in the bd_info structures, right?).

> Are there any board settings necessary other than those defaults
> in the Getting Started guide?

I noticed that when I moved from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, I had to go back and
add the CONFIG_CPM2 macro to the boards config file.  It appears that
there was patch between revisions that now requires this being set.

Other than that, it looks like it's time to pull out the BDI2000...

Jeff Angielski
The PTR Group