[U-Boot-Users] Re: Problem building U-Boot for ARM target

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Tue Oct 11 12:38:11 CEST 2005

Paolo Broggini <pbroggini at softool.ch> wrote:
> I'm using the GCC 3.2 toolchain for building U-Boot (current head of git) for an ARM target.
> I get the following error:
>    cc1: invalid option 'abi=apcs-gnu'
>
> This option (correct me if I'm wrong) was introduced with a recent
> patch by Peter Pearse.  Digging a bit in gcc.gnu.org it appears that
> this option comes only with GCC 4.0!

That's true but the cc-option checker should use -mapcs-32 if it is
available, otherwise it will fall back to -mabi=apcs-gnu. It looks
like your compiler doesn't support the first option either. In this
case, I'm not sure it worked before Peter's patch. What CPU is it?

You could try the following in your config.mk but you should
investigate why -mapcs-32 doesn't work:

PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS +=$(call cc-option,-mapcs-32,$(call cc-option,-mabi=apcs-gnu,))

--
Catalin