[U-Boot-Users] Re: Problem building U-Boot for ARM target

Paolo Broggini pbroggini at softool.ch
Tue Oct 11 14:14:56 CEST 2005

Catalin Marinas ha scritto:
> Paolo Broggini <pbroggini at softool.ch> wrote:
>
>>I'm using the GCC 3.2 toolchain for building U-Boot (current head of git) for an ARM target.
>>I get the following error:
>>   cc1: invalid option 'abi=apcs-gnu'
>>
>>This option (correct me if I'm wrong) was introduced with a recent
>>patch by Peter Pearse.  Digging a bit in gcc.gnu.org it appears that
>>this option comes only with GCC 4.0!
>

> That's true but the cc-option checker should use -mapcs-32 if it is
> available, otherwise it will fall back to -mabi=apcs-gnu. It looks
> like your compiler doesn't support the first option either. In this
> case, I'm not sure it worked before Peter's patch.
Yes it did, I build U-Boot for quite a long time.

> What CPU is it?
Freescale MC9328MX1

> You could try the following in your config.mk but you should
> investigate why -mapcs-32 doesn't work:
Yes it do work!

> PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS +=$(call cc-option,-mapcs-32,$(call cc-option,-mabi=apcs-gnu,))
Great, with this it builds fine :-) but the statement contained in the head of git
'config.mk' is:
  PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS +=$(call cc-option,-mapcs-32,-mabi=apcs-gnu)

It also builds fine if I replace the above statement with:
  PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS += -march=armv4, -mapcs-32
like it was before Peters's patch.

Thanks

-P.Broggini