[U-Boot-Users] Question on multiple images stored in a table...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 12 23:45:47 CEST 2005

In message <E1EPjxw-0003h4-CL at real.realitydiluted.com> you wrote:

> search function was painful for me. My question has to do with how
> the 'image_header_t' defined in 'include/image.h' is used. For my

It is only used to identify the images and verify  their  correctnes,
etc.

> application, I want a list all of the images present in my system to
> be available at boot time such that I do not have do a 'imls' command
> to know where and what all of my images are my system. I would like

Store the addresses of the images in some environment variables.

> to create an array of 'image_header_t' structures in flash that I

This makes no sense.  The  'image_header_t'  is  part  of  the  image
itself, so why storing redundant information? You just need the image
start address.

> would burn with my U-Boot image. During boot, I would read an I/O pin
> requesting that a certain image be booted independent of where it is
> located in flash memory. Has anyone done something similar to this?

We do this all the time. Use environment variables and the  scripting
capabilities.  Eventually  enable  the  hush  parser  and  use  shell
scripts. And RTFM.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Even historians fail to learn from history -- they repeat the same
mistakes.
	-- John Gill, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7