[U-Boot-Users] broken rsync to U-Boot git archive

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 13 15:29:14 CEST 2005

In message <434E5C84.6080704 at eircom.net> you wrote:

> Indeed both commands appear to be working for me now also.

You might have had just bad luck and tried it in the interval when  a
rsync  of  the  external  server from our internal git repository was
running, leaving the repo in a (temporarily)  inconsistent  state.  A
second attempt 5 minutes later would have probably worked fine...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Making files is easy under  the  UNIX  operating  system.  Therefore,
users  tend  to  create  numerous  files  using large amounts of file
space. It has been said that the only standard thing about  all  UNIX
systems  is  the  message-of-the-day  telling users to clean up their
files.                             - System V.2 administrator's guide