[U-Boot-Users] Flash configuration

Jose França (Ext_GTBC) Jose.Franca.Ext at siemens.com
Thu Oct 13 17:27:20 CEST 2005

Hello u all!

	I'm configuring u-boot (for the first time) so that i can have 2 flash eprom chips, in two different banks, for a mpc8272 based board. They are organized the following way:

		BOOT Flash -> starts at 0xFFF00000 and has 512KB of size. (read-only)
		Linux Flash -> starts at 0x50000000 and has 64MB of size. (CFI compatible)

	Since CFG_FLASH_BASE is used throughout the u-boot code as a reference, which one should it be? The boot flash address or the linux flash address? I'm really confused here...
	All is setup so that the processor starts to boot from 0xFFF00000 and the reset vector set to 0xFFF00100.
	Should I use the cfi_flash driver, provided by u-boot? Or should I write a flash.c in my board directory (this is done already)? Do I have to change anything when I use the driver?

Thanks in advance!
Filipe