[U-Boot-Users] PHY driver??

Jose França (Ext_GTBC) Jose.Franca.Ext at siemens.com
Mon Oct 17 17:14:23 CEST 2005

Hello u-booters!

	I have a LXT973 ethernet PHY chip connected to FCC#2 and FCC#1. I've already provided a reset_phy() function in the $BOARD/$BOARD.c file. Also, i've configured CONFIG_BITBANGMII, MDIO_PIN, MDC_PIN and MDIO(bit), MDC(bit), MDIO_ACTIVE, MDIO_TRISCTATE and MDIO_READ macros in include/configs/$BOARD.c. Is this all i have to do? Or am i missing something? Somewhere there is a comment that states that i have to provide a PHY driver to do negociation, does this apply to my case?
            There are two MII header files include/miiphy.h and include/mii_phy.h, what is the point of this? I'm using miiphy.h in my $BOARD.c file.

Thanks in advance & best regards,
	Filipe.