[U-Boot-Users] Sleep doesn't work in NetConsole mode?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Sat Oct 22 11:05:50 CEST 2005

Andre,

On Monday 17 October 2005 17:02, André Berggren wrote:

> I started using NetConsole today and it's working almost as expected.
>
> When I run sleep 2 in u-boot with serial connected u-boot sleeps for 2 s,
> but when I do the same when connected with NetConsole sleep never returns.
> I have to abort it with Ctrl + C. Why?

The sleep 2 with NetConsole does return, but much later. On my test system
(bubinga, 405EP), a sleep 1 returns after approx. 13 seconds! This is related
to the current implementation of "do_sleep()", just doing 1000 times
udelay(1000). This should work of course, but the test in this loop for
ctrlc() now introduces a lot of delay (timeouts, delays in the ethernet
driver etc...).

As you my have noticed, I changed "do_sleep()" to use "get_timer()". This way
it works without any problems. Please give the latest cvs/git version a try,
and let me know if you still experience any problems.

Best regards,
Stefan