[U-Boot-Users] Memory tests with u-boot v1.1.2

atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com
Tue Oct 18 04:14:36 CEST 2005

I have a board with a memory controller where I am doing a pattern copy
test.  Basically, write the address to the location.

Problem I run into is that at times the read back operation gets data which
is 2, 4 or 8 bytes before the current location.

If I peek at the memory location, the data is correct.

Also, if I have the BDI JTAG connected the problem does not show up.  But if
I do a halt/go from BDI it shows up. Similarly,

With not JTAG connected, the problem happens.

Could this be related to the ICTRL register?  The recommended value is 0x7,
i.e. serialization & no show cycles.  I assume

Serialization means instruction prefetch.

I am trying a v1.1.3 port but any suggestion/debug tips would be helpful.

Thanks,

Atul