[U-Boot-Users] help on u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 21 22:13:58 CEST 2005

In message <OF01886591.0DE0D5BF-ON652570A1.0019410E-652570A1.001B281A at tcs.com> you wrote:

> I was able to build u-boot for my custom board. when i tried to load it
> nothing is coming. I am using TRACE32 ICE and the board is almost similar
> to MPC8260ADS. I had set the baudrate as 115200 and flowcontrol as none.
> when i give run command in TRACE32, nothing is coming  in hyperterminal.
> My flash base is 0x0000 0000 so i had given this in the
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please go back to reading the documentation.

On PowerPC systems, RAM must be mapped  at  physical  address  0,  so
obviously your memory map setup is wrong.

> board/mpc8260ads/config.mk . I have done some changes in the
> include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h

This is wrong, and twice so. First, you should create your own  board
config  file and not meddle with existing (and working) config files.
Second, your changes to the memory map were wrong.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The whole world is about three drinks behind."     - Humphrey Bogart