[U-Boot-Users] Running test code from RAM while having GOT po inting to flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 25 22:45:18 CEST 2005

In message <4A062D477D842B4C8FC48EA5AF2D41F2015280DA at us-bv-m23.global.tektronix.net> you wrote:
> The hardware engineer is initializing the DDR memory correctly.  Otherwise
> we won't be able to read/write to the memory.

Please read the FAQ entry. The fact that you can read  and  write  to
this  memory does not mean ANYTHING. Even normal memory test routines
cannot detect problems that occur only when accessing the  memory  in
burst  mode.  And  this  is the critical mode of operation. I bet you
crash because of corrupted data when the CPU performs  a  cache  fill
when fethcing some code.

> As I understand, the GOT table is used for relocating the exception vectors.

But relocation has been completed when you jump to RAM. The GOT  does
not play any role any more then.

> I am most likely crashing while copying the fixups or when doing a cache
> flush.

More likely during a cache fill.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Respect is a rational process
	-- McCoy, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3