[U-Boot-Users] Help on mpc8260ads flash u-boot

batsayan.das at tcs.com batsayan.das at tcs.com
Wed Oct 26 08:43:11 CEST 2005

Hello,

We have a working RAM version of U-Boot for MPC8260ADS type customs board.
We load the "u-boot.serc" by the TRACE tool and when run from the trace
tool it gives the U-Boot prompt. I am giving a snap of the CMM file which
actually loads the u-boot.serc to the memory.
Our HRCW is "80 52 72 45". As per my understanding this values are stored
in the flash. The flash is adress starts from 0x0.

**********Snap of CMM file************
sys.mode  down
sys.option base 0x0F000000
system.cpu mpc8260

data.set 0x0f0101A8 %l 0x0f000000       ;IMMR
data.set 0x0f010000 %l 0x8524C000       ;SIUMCR
data.set 0x0f010004 %l 0xFFFFFF01       ;0xffffff81            ;SYPCR
data.set 0x0f010024 %l 0x00000000       ;BCR
data.set 0x0f010104 %l 0xFFF00660       ;OR0(Boot flash)
data.set 0x0f010100 %l 0x00001001       ;BR0

;UPMA initialization
;read region
;write region
;SDRAM initilization

data.load c:\u-boot.srec
*****************Snap End**************

My question is.

What the places we need to look into to convert this RAM version of U-Boot
to ROM/Flash version of U-boot. The objective is when power on the u-boot
binaries stored into the flash/ROM should be executed and give us the boot
prompt.
I think I need to change the HRCW.
and the job done by the above CMM file should be done by the u-boot
binary, so some part of the RAM version u-boot need to be modified to do
this. Is there any specific place in the u-boot tree where we need to make
change which does the job of the CMM file?

Any help in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks,
Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: batsayan.das at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you