[U-Boot-Users] Help on mpc8260ads flash u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 26 11:59:19 CEST 2005

In message <OF277F660B.19F369DD-ON652570A6.0020CA43-652570A6.0024E9CA at tcs.com> you wrote:

> We have a working RAM version of U-Boot for MPC8260ADS type customs board.

What a waste of effort.  The  MPC8260ADS  board  is  supposed  to  be
working  out  of  the  box.  Why  are  you  wasting your time on some
unsupported mode of operation? You *did* read the FAQ, didn't you?
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

> What the places we need to look into to convert this RAM version of U-Boot
> to ROM/Flash version of U-boot. The objective is when power on the u-boot

Nothing needs to be changed. This is the standard mode  of  operation
which works with the original U-Boot source tree.

> binary, so some part of the RAM version u-boot need to be modified to do
> this. Is there any specific place in the u-boot tree where we need to make

Just dump your RAM version. You just wasted your time on it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it  on
the computer.