[U-Boot-Users] Help on mpc8260ads flash u-boot

batsayan.das at tcs.com batsayan.das at tcs.com
Thu Oct 27 09:31:05 CEST 2005

Hello,

The board is not exactly MPC8260ADS. It is similar to this and the RAM
version of the u-Boot tree is abailable. Does this mean that we need to
burn the flash with the  image (u-boot.bin OR u-boot.srec ?) we obtained
by the compiling the RAM version of the u-Boot source tree?

The flash attached to our board is mapped from 0x0 address. The u-boot
document says that the SDRAM should be mapped to 0x0 to make it work. So,
in my case as the flash is mapped to 0x0, then how shall I proceed?  Does
the memory mapping is determined by the h/w  design of the board?

As I know that HRCW of our board is stored from adress 0x0 to address
0xFF. Does this mean we need to burn the image (u-boot.bin OR u-boot.srec
?) from the adress 0x100?

Thanks,

Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: batsayan.das at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
Sent by: u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
10/26/2005 03:29 PM

batsayan.das at tcs.com
cc
u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [U-Boot-Users] Help on mpc8260ads flash u-boot

In message
<OF277F660B.19F369DD-ON652570A6.0020CA43-652570A6.0024E9CA at tcs.com> you
wrote:

> We have a working RAM version of U-Boot for MPC8260ADS type customs
board.

What a waste of effort.  The  MPC8260ADS  board  is  supposed  to  be
working  out  of  the  box.  Why  are  you  wasting your time on some
unsupported mode of operation? You *did* read the FAQ, didn't you?
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

> What the places we need to look into to convert this RAM version of
U-Boot
> to ROM/Flash version of U-boot. The objective is when power on the
u-boot

Nothing needs to be changed. This is the standard mode  of  operation
which works with the original U-Boot source tree.

> binary, so some part of the RAM version u-boot need to be modified to do

> this. Is there any specific place in the u-boot tree where we need to
make

Just dump your RAM version. You just wasted your time on it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it  on
the computer.

ForwardSourceID:NT00006476

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you