[U-Boot-Users] skyeye and u-boot

Richard Plana RPlana at zicorp.com
Thu Oct 27 08:48:21 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to build u-boot-1.1.3 for use with skyeye-1.0.0 (an ARM simulator) and was hoping to get tips and help building it from people who've done it before or know how. I'm building my own toolchain using the buildchain script written by Chip Coldwell <http://frank.harvard.edu/~coldwell/toolchain/> (gcc-2.4.4, glibc-2.3.5, linux-2.6.10). Unfortunately, I end up with a gcc compiler with a libgcc.a that's compiled to use hardware FP.

Could someone tell me how to rebuild gcc to avoid that problem with u-boot? Is there an elegant way of keeping two versions of gcc (one that uses hardware FP and one that uses software FP) for when I need to build code for the actual board?

Thanks for any help.
--

Richard Plana
Zi Corporation