[U-Boot-Users] skyeye and u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 27 09:00:07 CEST 2005

In message <378D4198C6A64E4595DC307634CDF3B801B3B292 at zicgy-ms00.zi.ziroot.com> you wrote:

> who've done it before or know how. I'm building my own toolchain using
> the buildchain script written by Chip Coldwell
> <http://frank.harvard.edu/~coldwell/toolchain/> (gcc-2.4.4, glibc-2.3.5,
> linux-2.6.10). Unfortunately, I end up with a gcc compiler with a
> libgcc.a that's compiled to use hardware FP.

This is not a place to discuss "how do  I  build  my  own  toolchain"
problems.  There  are  existing, known to be working toolchains (like
the EKLDK), there are working build scripts (like  crosstools),  etc.
Many  working  options. If you chose to use a non-working one this is
off topic here.

> Could someone tell me how to rebuild gcc to avoid that problem with
> u-boot? Is there an elegant way of keeping two versions of gcc (one that
> uses hardware FP and one that uses software FP) for when I need to build
> code for the actual board?

Why would you need HW FP for a ARM system? Have you access to an  ARM
processor with FPU? Which one is this?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Men don't talk peace unless they're ready to back it up with war.
	-- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4