[U-Boot-Users] Executing an application from a specific address

Swapnil Ashok Narkhede S3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au
Thu Sep 1 12:44:19 CEST 2005

HI,

I have my bootloader running and i get the boot prompt.
Now i am trying to load hello_world.bin and trying to
execute it.
1>>
I have a pxa250  (ARM)processor on Accelent board.
As per Readme.Standalone i should be loading the
application at 0x0c100000 and executing from the
same address.But no where in the hello_world.c
i find any link which tells the application that it should
stick to the above specified address.
Then why is it that U-boot can run the application only
if it is at that address.
I read some previous posts which say that we can
download the application anywhere other than
0x0c100000,but u boot wont execute them.
Why is it so? Where has it been specified that
u-boot should execute standalone application only
if it is at that address

2>>The memory map for pxa250 which i received says
nCS0: 0x00000000-0x03ffffff

J77 1-2 Flash ROM (default)
J78 2-3 M-Systems Disk On Chip

nCS1: 0x04000000-0x07ffffff

J78 1-2 M-Systems Disk On Chip (default)
J77 2-3 Flash ROM

nCS2: 0x08000000-0x0bffffff

Unused, available on expansion buses

nCS3: 0x0c000000-0x0fffffff

J49 1-2: MediaQ MQ1132
J49 open: Unused, available on expansion buses

which means address space
0x0c000000-0x0fffffff is unused.
Then how can i download my application to that
address and execute it.

Regards,
Swapnil Narkhede
Mob:- 0432025023
Email:- s3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
RMIT University, Melbourne