[U-Boot-Users] Re: "go addr" Question...

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Tue Sep 6 17:20:09 CEST 2005

>You are aware that Linux is supposed to be  booted  using  the  bootm
>command, aren't you?

Yes - The kernel image was just one of many applications that was causing
problems. Normally we boot the kernel image with bootm.

>Why do you think this is a problem? Caches are flushed after

If the image is loaded with bootm - yes, but if a binary image is loaded
directly with tftp or loadb - the cache is not flushed.

>This will just cause linker errors. There is no function
>invalidate_entire_icache() anywhere in U-Boot.

My bad - sorry. This is something that we added to our cache handler. I can
put in the generic routine but only if you agree there is a problem -
otherwise I will just tell people they shouldn't use go for anything other
than U-Boot stand-alone applications.

-Robin