[U-Boot-Users] mtdparts

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 7 14:54:59 CEST 2005

In message <20050907123053.0000449b at idefix> you wrote:

> >In case I'm the only one who needs something like this, I'm perfectly
> >fine with my current solution.
>
> You're not the only one. I'm using a nearly identical approach here.

We willprovide an extension soon; we're going to create an additional
variable 'mtddevnum'.

Note: the numbering will be exactly as partitions are listed  in  the
$mtdparts  variable.  This  way  user  can fully control the indexing
sequence but it is also a bit more troublesome you have to take  care
about the order of devices in $mtdparts.

But the greater flexibilty seems to me to be a big advantage over any
fixed scheme which cannot know about the init sequence in  the  Linux
kernel.

Is this OK with you?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Nature is very un-American.  Nature never hurries."
- William George Jordan