[U-Boot-Users] mpc8xx, pcmcia to CF, ide

Travis B. Sawyer tsawyer+u-boot at sandburst.com
Wed Sep 7 16:30:29 CEST 2005

Greetings u-boot'ers:

I've had pretty good luck with my little rpx classic board.

I've gotten pcmcia to work (albeit not flawlessly, I toasted
one of my pcmcia flash cards).

I've run into an interesting problem:  When using a pcmcia to
CF adapter, I can access the CF on an older CF card (16mb).
However, with newer cards (ranging from 32mb to 512mb), the
pcmcia driver gets 00's for all of the tuples.

Scanning the attribute mem on the old card I can see the
the tuples (starting at 0xE000_0000).  New cards get 00's
at the same address.

Up until now, my only dealing with CF has been direct connect
to a 440GX peripheral bus in 'True IDE Mode'.

My best guess is that the new cards are CF+.  The CF spec
calls out the tuple arrangement, however, I can't find the
CIS tuples.

Anyone have any ideas where they may be?  Or do I need to
utilize some special cycles to make them show up?

Per the CF 3.0 spec (CIS Read):
	/CE2  /CE1 /REG /OE /WE A10 A9 A8-A1 A0
CF:	X     0    0    0   1   0   0   XX   0
CF+:	X     0    0    0   1   X   X   XX   0

So, I would assume, that the same cycle could occur for CIS Read?!?

Anyone using CF+ on 8xx pcmcia?

Thanx for any insight!

-Travis